Simon Merschak is Research Associate at the School of Engineering, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Campus Wels, Austria. Currently he is finishing his PhD Thesis in the field of “Life Cycle Assessment” at Graz University of Technology.
He finished his university degree MSc in Automation Engineering at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Campus Wels in 2016. His core competencies cover “Sustainable Product Development”, “Life Cycle Assessment” and “Numeric Simulation of Mechatronic Components” and include the optimization and metrological verification of mechatronic systems.
He attended international conferences in Austria, Spain, France the Netherlands and Japan and published in several peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
The supervision and support of scientific student projects, bachelor and master thesis is also part of his work.
- Requirements on and Selection of Data Storage Technologies for Life Cycle AssessmentIn Product Lifecycle Management. PLM in Transition Times: The Place of Humans and Transformative Technologies Dec 2023
- Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment as a Decision-Making Tool for the Design of Mechatronic SystemsInternational Journal of Product Lifecycle Management Jan 2022
- Influence of Digitization in Mechatronics Education Programmes : A Case Study between Taiwan and AustriaIn 2020 21st International Conference on Research and Education in Mechatronics (REM) Dec 2020
- Considerations of Life Cycle Assessment and the Estimate of Carbon Footprint of PowertrainsIn Small Powertrain and Energy Systems Technology Conference Nov 2020
- Model Based Design of Inductive Components - Thermal Simulation and Parameter DeterminationIn Computer Aided Systems Theory – EUROCAST 2019 Nov 2020
- Data Relevance and Sources for Carbon Footprint Calculation in Powertrain ProductionIn Product Lifecycle Management Enabling Smart X Nov 2020